Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri March 29, 2013
Datebook: March 29 - International Earth Hour Celebrations Turn Five
It’s Friday, March 29
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes features an 1850s Country Wedding tomorrow afternoon from 1 to 3. Watch interpreters in period costumes participate in the wedding ceremony, then enjoy traditional refreshments, music, and wedding games. Admission is $5 for adults or $3 for children. See details at lbl.org.
Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park in Dawson Springs hosts “Easter Eggcitement” on Sunday. Take pictures with the Easter Bunny at 1:30, then at 2:30 kids 12 and under can participate in a free Easter egg hunt. The event takes place rain or shine.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency invites youth leaders dedicated to public service to apply for FEMA’s Youth Preparedness Council. Participants between the ages of 12 and 17 represent the youth perspective and share information with their communities. Find more information at ready.gov; click on Get Involved, then Citizen Corps. The application deadline is April 19.
Find more community events at wkms.org.