Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed March 27, 2013
Datebook: March 27 - Sir Henry Royce Turns 150
Henry Royce met Charles Rolls at an Automobile Club in 1904. Their first car, the Rolls-Royce 10hp was unveiled a few months later, which ran quiet even when topped out at 39 mph, at a price of £395. Royce lived by the motto, "Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble."
It’s Wednesday, March 27
U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield hosts a Town Hall Meeting tomorrow afternoon at 2 in the Curris Center Dance Lounge on the campus of Murray State University. Representative Whitfield addresses the general political climate in Washington D.C. as well as specific key legislative issues including sequestration, gun control, and biennial budgeting and appropriations. A question-and-answer session follows. The public is invited to attend.
The Caldwell County Caregiver Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting tomorrow at the Caldwell County Senior Center, located at 202 Eagle Street in Princeton. The meeting starts at 11:30. For more information, call James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
Murray Main Street hosts Easter on the Square Saturday morning at 9:30. Kids ages 8 and under can visit with the Easter bunny and participate in an egg hunt on the courthouse lawn. Find more information at the Downtown Murray Kentucky facebook page.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.