Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue March 25, 2014
Datebook: March 25 - Flannery O'Connor's Birthday
Woodlands Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area hosts Girl Scouts Day this Saturday from 10 to 3. Events and information help Girl Scouts of different levels work towards earning achievement awards. Plan to spend up to 3 hours to complete all activities. For more information, visit lbl.org.
Today’s the deadline to make reservations for the fourth annual Beasley Scholarship Banquet, to be held Saturday night at 7 in the Curris Center Ballroom at Murray State University. The guest speaker is Joe Lee, professor of Irish Studies at New York University. Tickets are $40 per person. To make a reservation or to donate to the event, call (270) 809-2234.
The Murray-Calloway County Hospital Blood Donor Center hosts a blood drive tomorrow from 12-5 at Briggs & Stratton. All blood types are needed at this time. For more information call (270) 762-1119.