Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue March 25, 2014
Datebook: March 25 - Flannery O'Connor's Birthday
Woodlands Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area hosts Girl Scouts Day this Saturday from 10 to 3. Events and information help Girl Scouts of different levels work towards earning achievement awards. Plan to spend up to 3 hours to complete all activities. For more information, visit lbl.org.
Today’s the deadline to make reservations for the fourth annual Beasley Scholarship Banquet, to be held Saturday night at 7 in the Curris Center Ballroom at Murray State University. The guest speaker is Joe Lee, professor of Irish Studies at New York University. Tickets are $40 per person. To make a reservation or to donate to the event, call (270) 809-2234.
The Murray-Calloway County Hospital Blood Donor Center hosts a blood drive tomorrow from 12-5 at Briggs & Stratton. All blood types are needed at this time. For more information call (270) 762-1119.