Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon March 11, 2013
Datebook: March 11 - Janet Reno Confirmed Attorney General 20 Years Ago
On this day in 1993, Janet Reno became the first woman to serve as Attorney General and would eventually become the second longest serving Attorney General after William Wirt (in 1829). In 2009, the American Judicature Society awarded her their highest honor for "her commitment to improving our systems of justice."
It’s Monday, March 11
The McCracken County Public Library hosts “Gross to Great! Picking Produce for Your Family’s Health and Wallet.” The free class is tonight at 6. Registered dietitian Laura Duff teaches participants how to tackle unfamiliar tastes, boost their families’ health, and lower grocery bills. For more information, call 270-442-1166.
The Murray Human Rights Commission invites all residents of Murray and Calloway County to participate in a Town Hall Meeting tonight at 7 at Murray Middle School. The public forum addresses bullying in our community.
The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes holds a volunteer workday Saturday. Once the workday is over, stay for the scheduled blacksmithing program and enjoy the rest of the day on the farm. Registration is required by calling (270) 924-2007.
See more community events at wkms.org, where you can learn how to make a financial contribution to your public radio home. Thank you.