Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue June 25, 2013
Datebook: June 25 - National Catfish Day
In 1987, President Reagan declared today National Catfish Day, celebrating the value of farm-raised catfish. At the time, catfish was the third highest volume of finned fish consumed in the US and it's still at the top of the list today, according to FishWatch.gov. Luckily, our region is home to the World's Biggest Fish Fry, so let's celebrate!
It’s Tuesday, June 25. A six-week beginners’ yoga class starts this afternoon at the Center for Health and Wellness at Murray-Calloway County Hospital. The hour-long class moves at a gentle pace, teaching the basic yoga poses with proper alignment for each pose. Classes meet on Tuesdays at 4. For more information call 762-1348. Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah hosts Pokey LaFarge and the South City Three this Friday. The band mixes early jazz, string ragtime, country blues, and western swing. Doors open at 6 and the show starts at 7. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at maidenalleycinema.com. The Homeplace at Land Between the Lakes offers presentations titled “Dinnertime” and “Nooning” tomorrow at 10 and 1. Watch the ladies of the Homeplace prepare lunch for the men, then learn about the 1850s practice of “nooning,” an afternoon rest during the hottest part of the day. For more information, visit www.lbl.org. See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.