Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue June 18, 2013
Datebook: June 18 - Sally Ride, First American Woman in Space 30 Years Ago
Sally Ride was one of five crew members on the Space Shuttle Challenger, which was launched to deploy communications satellites. Ride was also the first woman to use a robotic arm in space and the first person to use the arm to retrieve a satellite. In her later years, she wrote children's books. She passed away last year.
It’s Tuesday, June 18
As part of Movies in the Park, a free showing of "Men In Black III" starts at dusk Thursday in the Noble Park amphitheater in Paducah. Bring lawn chairs, blankets, and insect repellent. Learn more at paducahky.gov.
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes offers a program titled “Canine Communication” Thursday afternoon at 3:30. Learn about the ways coyotes and wolves communicate, then observe the Nature Station’s resident canines. The program is free with admission to the Nature Station. See details at lbl.org.
The annual Cross River Swim is Saturday morning at the Paducah riverfront. Swimmers start on the Illinois side of the Ohio River and attempt to swim to the foot of Broadway in Paducah. First-time participants must provide documentation from a pool manager that they can swim 500 meters, and each swimmer must be accompanied by a manned boat. For more information or to register, call 444-8508.