Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon June 17, 2013
Datebook: June 17 - M.C. Escher Turns 115
Dutch artist M.C. Escher has been described as "the father of impossible figures." His mathematical paradoxes continue to influence the fields of science and art. Though having no formal training, Escher was considered a research mathematician, teaching himself the concepts as an aid to his artwork. And now, his work is a great teaching tool.
It's Monday, June 17
Murray State University is beginning a research project on the effects of an arthritis remedy for dogs. Dogs in the study receive free monthly bloodwork, physical exams, arthritic analysis, and a natural medication during the one month study in July. If you have a moderately arthritic dog that weighs between 35 and 70 pounds, call (502) 220-7070 to register.
The Pennyrile Grandparent Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting Wednesday morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office. For more information, contact James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes offers a Woodland Walk tomorrow morning at 11. The one-mile guided hike goes through the woods, along a lakeshore, and by the edge of a field in search of native trees and signs of wildlife. For more information, visit lbl.org.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.