Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu July 4, 2013
Datebook: July 4 - Independence Day
Today we celebrate the adoption of the Declaration of Independence, on this day in 1776, declaring independence from Great Britain. While legal separation occurred on July 2, when the Second Continental Congress voted to approve the resolution, revised wording was approved on July 4.
It’s Thursday, July 4
The Murray Art Guild hosts a Summer Art Party tomorrow night beginning at 6. Events include a Monster Draw Rally, an exhibition opening, live music, a chance to work in clay and wet felting, a beer tasting, a raffle, and more. The guild is located at 500 North 4th Street. See details at murrayartguild.org.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.
The Kentucky Arts Council is accepting applications through August 15 from painters, photographers, printmakers, and craftspeople interested in participating in the Kentucky Crafted Program, the only state-supported marketing program for professional artists. For more information, call (502) 564-3757, extension 473.
See community event details at wkms.org. Have a safe and happy holiday.