Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu July 25, 2013
Datebook: July 25 - 25 Luglio
On this day in 1943, a celebratory crowd took to the streets of Italy, tearing down Fascist propaganda and chiseling away emblems. Radios had announced Benito Mussolini's resignation and arrest, after receiving a vote of no confidence from his own council, the end of an era lasting 21 years.
It’s Thursday, July 25
Tommy Thompson presents “Rockin’ Ray Smith: The Rockin’ Little Angel” tonight at 7 as part of the Evenings Upstairs series at the McCracken County Public Library. The presentation tells the story of the Melber, Kentucky, native who became a rockabilly legend. The free presentation is open to the public. See details at mclib.net.
There’s a free showing of the movie “Wreck It Ralph” tonight at dusk at the Noble Park Amphitheater as part of the Movies in the Park series. The film is rated PG and starts around 8:30. Concessions are available for purchase. Bring lawn chairs or blankets.
Land Between the Lakes hosts an informational public meeting to discuss its road system tomorrow evening at 5:30 at the Stewart County Visitor Center in Dover. The meeting helps establish what roads exist now, what is needed for access, and what is affordable in the future. For details go to lbl.org and click on “Alerts & Notices.”
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.