Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri July 19, 2013
Datebook: July 19 - Maurice Garin Wins 1st Tour de France 110 Years Ago
L'Auto magazine debuted the Tour de France in 1903, with an entry fee of 10 francs. The race began in Montgeron and made a loop around the country of over 250 miles, ending in Vill-d'Avray. On this day, 19 days later, Maurice Garin pulled through with a time of 94h 33' 14'. The grand prize was 3,000 francs.
It’s Friday, July 19
The Paducah-McCracken County United Way holds a school supply drive called “Stuff the School Bus” tomorrow from 10 to 1 at both Paducah Wal-Mart locations. All school supplies collected during the drive are divided equally among all city and county schools. For more information call 270-442-1691.
Tomorrow the City of Mayfield holds its monthly Top Gun Car Show Series Cruise-In. Cars begin arriving at 4PM, and a free concert by "Heart and Soul" begins at 7PM on the courthouse lawn. In the event of rain, the concert will be canceled.
Live on Broadway is scheduled for tomorrow night from 6 to 9 in downtown Paducah. Musical acts include Oh Yeah Dakota, Ed and Elaine Jones, Steel Dove, and The Trio. Additional entertainment in the Family Fun Zone includes art, storytelling, a dance troupe performance, and more. For more information, visit paducahalliance.org.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.