Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu July 18, 2013
Datebook: July 18 - Nelson Mandela Turns 95
Considered the "Father of South Africa," revolutionary and former SA president Nelson Mandela turns 95 today. We wish him health and wellbeing. It's also the 100th birthday of entertainer Red Skelton, astronaut John Glenn turns 92, writer Hunter S. Thompson turns 75, and gangster Machine Gun Kelly turns 118... Wouldn't that be a fascinating dinner party!
It’s Thursday, July 18
New Covenant Christian Academy hosts The Lion’s Roar Bike Ride on Saturday, September 7. The route features fifteen, thirty, and sixty-two mile options on gently rolling terrain. Online registration forms are available on the school’s website at nccaky.org. For more information call 270-703-4953.
A collection of antique whiskey jugs are on display at the Pennyroyal Area Museum. The collection includes jugs from whiskey producers popular before the Prohibition Era of 1920 to 1933. The collection is on display through August 10. The museum’s open Tuesday through Friday from 9 to 5 and Saturday from 10 to 3.
The Murray-Calloway County Hospital Blood Donor Center is in need of all blood types but especially O-negative blood. A blood drive is set for Wednesday, July 24, from 8 to 4:30 at the Center for Health and Wellness. To schedule an appointment, call 270-762-1119.