Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue July 16, 2013
Datebook: July 16 - Joshua Reynolds Turns 290
Sir Joshua Reynolds might not be the first painter that comes to mind today, but he was in popular demand among England's rich and famous for his work as a portrait artist. He developed the aesthetic "grand style," idealizing his subjects. He was also the founder and first president of the Royal Academy of Arts.
It's Tuesday, July 16
Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah presents "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" Thursday as part of its Film Brew series. Doors open at 6 and the film starts at 7. Admission is $10 for members or $12 for non-members. For more information, visit maidenalleycinema.com.
The Mental Illness (NAMI) Support Group for families and friends of persons suffering from mental illness meets Thursday evening at 6:30 in the Murray-Calloway County Hospital Educational Services Building located on 8th Street. For more information, call 748-6133 or 748-6923.
Paducah Pediatrics' Kids Triathlon for ages 7-14 is set for Saturday. Distance options are 100 or 200 yards swimming, 5K or 10K biking, and 1K or 2K running. Each finisher will receive a commemorative medal, race bib, and shirt. For more information, contact Amy Peal at (270) 744-3701.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.