Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue July 16, 2013
Datebook: July 16 - Joshua Reynolds Turns 290
Sir Joshua Reynolds might not be the first painter that comes to mind today, but he was in popular demand among England's rich and famous for his work as a portrait artist. He developed the aesthetic "grand style," idealizing his subjects. He was also the founder and first president of the Royal Academy of Arts.
It's Tuesday, July 16
Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah presents "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" Thursday as part of its Film Brew series. Doors open at 6 and the film starts at 7. Admission is $10 for members or $12 for non-members. For more information, visit maidenalleycinema.com.
The Mental Illness (NAMI) Support Group for families and friends of persons suffering from mental illness meets Thursday evening at 6:30 in the Murray-Calloway County Hospital Educational Services Building located on 8th Street. For more information, call 748-6133 or 748-6923.
Paducah Pediatrics' Kids Triathlon for ages 7-14 is set for Saturday. Distance options are 100 or 200 yards swimming, 5K or 10K biking, and 1K or 2K running. Each finisher will receive a commemorative medal, race bib, and shirt. For more information, contact Amy Peal at (270) 744-3701.
Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.