Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon July 14, 2014
Datebook: July 14 - Bastille Day
The Murray State University MFA Reading Series continues tonight with a reading by Cristina Garcia*. Tony D’Souza reads tomorrow night, and Esther Lee reads Thursday night. All readings are open to the public and are at 7:30 in the Clara M. Eagle Art Gallery, located in the Doyle Fine Arts Building.
*Tonight's reading by Cristina Garcia has been canceled due to travel issues.
As part of Hopkinsville’s Summer Community Education Series, there's a class titled "How to Work With Your Child's School" tomorrow afternoon from 4:30 to 5:30 at the Christian County Board of Education. Learn about helpful communication strategies and how to help promote a positive learning environment. The program is free and open to the public.
The Murray State University Arboretum holds a Watermelon Bust this Thursday night from 6:30 to 8. The event includes watermelon, lemonade, cookies, and activities for children. The Arboretum is located at 300 Hickory Drive, off of HWY 94 W. The public is invited to attend.