Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu July 12, 2012
Datebook: July 12 - The Rolling Stones Perform 1st Concert 50 Years Ago
They're one of the most successful and critically acclaimed acts in the history of music. The Rolling Stones are ranked Number 4 in Rolling Stone magazine's 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, with over 200 million albums sold. On this day in 1962, at the Marquee Club in London, a group of teenagers (Jagger, Richards, Jones, Stewart, Taylor) took the stage and changed music.
It’s Thursday, July 12
Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah offers a spoken word poetry experience called “Dimmed Lanterns Looking for Light.” The event begins tonight at 7. Featured poets include Samuel Hawkins, Griggori Tyler Taylor, and Chris Williams. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for children. For more information, call (270) 442-7723.
Kentucky State Parks will hold an auction tomorrow at Lake Barkley State Resort Park near Cadiz, across the road from the pro shop. The auction will include tractors, golf carts, sofas, dining room sets, paddleboats, mowers, and more. Items may be inspected beginning at 7:30, and the auction starts at 9.
Playhouse in the Park will hold auditions for Big River on Monday and Tuesday at 6PM. Performers should prepare a verse and chorus of a Broadway musical song and come ready to read. There’s more information on the Playhouse in the Park Facebook page.
Find details about these and other community events at wkms.org.