Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed July 11, 2012
Datebook: July 11 - Fischer Defeats Spassky 40 Years Ago
On this day in 1972, chess prodigy Bobby Fischer captured the World Championship from Boris Spassky in a match widely considered a Cold War confrontation. It was the "Match of the Century," and ended the 24-year reign of Soviet domination in chess.
It’s Wednesday, July 11
This weekend, the Glema Mahr Center for the Arts presents Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The Biblical saga of Joseph comes to life in a musical featuring styles ranging from country-western to rock ‘n’ roll. The show starts at 7 on Friday and Saturday and at 2 on Sunday. Tickets are $15. Reserve a seat by calling the box office at (270) 821-ARTS.
Murray-Calloway County Hospital’s Health Express will make a stop at North Park in Calvert City tomorrow morning from 6 to 10. The Health Express provides free screenings, including osteoporosis heel scans and lipid screenings. For more information about the screenings offered, call (270) 762-1348.
Murray State’s MFA Reading Series continues tonight at 7:30 with a reading by award-winning novelist Stephen Graham Jones. The reading will be held in the Clara Eagle Gallery, located on the 6th floor of the Price Doyle Fine Arts Building.
See community event details at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.