Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri July 11, 2014
Datebook: July 11 - E. B. White's Birthday
Tonight’s Friday Night Live around the old courthouse square in downtown Madisonville goes from 5 to 10 p.m. with entertainment by Rob Blumrick, Larry Grisham & The Beat Daddys, Grace Warehouse Church STOMP Team and the Boscoe France Band. There are kids activities, vendors, and the Chamber Beer Garden as well.
Murray State’s Master of Fine Arts Program Reading Series opens this Sunday evening with Vanderbilt University’s Tony Earley reading from his new work “Mr. Tall: A Novella and Stories” in Clara M. Eagle Gallery at 7:30 p.m. Sunday. Earley made The New Yorker first list of “Twenty Best Young Fiction Writers in America” in the late 90’s and continues to be widely anthologized. Readings are open to all.
Hopkinsville’s Summer Community Education Series includes a class titled "Healthy Living for Life" Monday afternoon at 2 at the Christian County Extension Office. Explore exercise activities and the nutritional value of fresh fruits and vegetables. The program is free and the public is invited.