Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri July 11, 2014
Datebook: July 11 - E. B. White's Birthday
Tonight’s Friday Night Live around the old courthouse square in downtown Madisonville goes from 5 to 10 p.m. with entertainment by Rob Blumrick, Larry Grisham & The Beat Daddys, Grace Warehouse Church STOMP Team and the Boscoe France Band. There are kids activities, vendors, and the Chamber Beer Garden as well.
Murray State’s Master of Fine Arts Program Reading Series opens this Sunday evening with Vanderbilt University’s Tony Earley reading from his new work “Mr. Tall: A Novella and Stories” in Clara M. Eagle Gallery at 7:30 p.m. Sunday. Earley made The New Yorker first list of “Twenty Best Young Fiction Writers in America” in the late 90’s and continues to be widely anthologized. Readings are open to all.
Hopkinsville’s Summer Community Education Series includes a class titled "Healthy Living for Life" Monday afternoon at 2 at the Christian County Extension Office. Explore exercise activities and the nutritional value of fresh fruits and vegetables. The program is free and the public is invited.