Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon July 1, 2013
Datebook: July 1 - Battle of Gettysburg Begins 150 Years Ago
The Battle of Gettysburg (July 1-3, 1863) was a major turning point for the Civil War, and saw the largest number of casualties. After three days of battle, Union Major General George Gordon Meade's Army of the Potomac defeated Confederate General Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia.
It's Monday, July 1
Tomorrow morning from 9 to 11 Murray-Calloway County Hospital’s Wellness Works program offers the first of ten free community health screenings this month. Blood pressure and blood sugar screenings will be held at the Mayfield-Graves County Senior Center, located at 901 N. 15 Street. For more information on the Wellness Works schedule or about the screenings offered, call 270-762-1348.
The City of Paducah hosts an Independence Day Celebration Thursday evening with food, fireworks, and free entertainment on Wilson Stage by Dukes of Dixie, Paducah Jazz Ensemble, Market House Theatre, and the Paducah Community Band. For more information, visit www.paducahky.gov.
Baptist Health Paducah offers "Understanding Heart Failure" tomorrow afternoon from 1-3. The free class helps patients and caregivers learn to keep heart failure under control. Call 270-575-2918 for more information or to register.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.