Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed January 8, 2014
Datebook: January 8 - Elvis Presley's Birthday
Dr. Lionel Crews instructs a special stargazing event at Discovery Park of America in Union City Friday night from 6 to 8 on the Great Lawn. Arrive at the park between 5:30 and 6 p.m. and congregate in the Café. A telescope is available for those who want to participate but don't have their own. The event is free and open to the public.
The Yeiser Art Center has issued a call for entries for its 2014 Fantastic Fibers competitive exhibition. The submission deadline is January 25th. The exhibition is an American Quilter's Society sanctioned event. To enter, visit fantasticfibers.theyeiser.org. For more information call 270-442-2453.
Land Between the Lakes offers an Eagle Viewing Van Tour Saturday afternoon from 1 to 4:30. Visit some of LBL's best viewing spots during the staff-led tour and get tips on how to spot eagles in the wild. Registration is required by calling 270-924-2020.