Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed January 8, 2014
Datebook: January 8 - Elvis Presley's Birthday
Dr. Lionel Crews instructs a special stargazing event at Discovery Park of America in Union City Friday night from 6 to 8 on the Great Lawn. Arrive at the park between 5:30 and 6 p.m. and congregate in the Café. A telescope is available for those who want to participate but don't have their own. The event is free and open to the public.
The Yeiser Art Center has issued a call for entries for its 2014 Fantastic Fibers competitive exhibition. The submission deadline is January 25th. The exhibition is an American Quilter's Society sanctioned event. To enter, visit fantasticfibers.theyeiser.org. For more information call 270-442-2453.
Land Between the Lakes offers an Eagle Viewing Van Tour Saturday afternoon from 1 to 4:30. Visit some of LBL's best viewing spots during the staff-led tour and get tips on how to spot eagles in the wild. Registration is required by calling 270-924-2020.