Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu January 31, 2013
Datebook: January 31 - Jackie Robinson Turns 94
Jackie Robinson broke the baseball color line when he debuted with the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947, becoming the first black Major League Baseball player in the modern era. He was a great player, too: six World Series, six All-Star Games, Rookie of the Year, MVP, and inducted into the Hall of Fame.
It’s Thursday, January 31
Murray State University hosts ACT Prep workshops in Murray and Paducah this Saturday from 9 to 1. The cost is $55 and includes a workbook. Both workshops cover parts of the test, strategies, tips, review, understanding grading, practice problems, and more. Advance registration is required atmurraystate.edu/actprep.
The Gospel Mission Worship Center in Reidland hosts a free clothing and food pantry giveaway on Saturday from 11 to 2. The church is located at 6905 Benton Road, across from Trader’s Mall. For more information, call (270) 217-3470.
Land Between the Lakes hosts Bald Eagle Viewing Excursions this Saturday and Sunday from 1:30 to 5. The van tours depart from the Golden Pond Visitor Center. Moderate walking is required; be sure to dress for the weather. Make a reservation by calling 270-924-2020.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.