Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed January 30, 2013
Datebook: January 30 - Gandhi Assassinated 65 Years Ago
Mahatma Gandhi was the preeminent leader of Indian nationalism in British-ruled India and is widely considered a martyr for non-violent activism, civil rights and freedom worldwide. On his way to a prayer meeting on this day in 1948, he was shot by a Hindu extremist. Gandhi said, "My life is my message."
It’s Wednesday, January 30
There’s a poetry reading tomorrow night at 6 in the Clara Eagle Gallery, located in the Price Doyle Fine Arts Building on the campus of Murray State University. Guest speakers include Chad Davidson and Gregory Fraser. A book signing will be held on-site following the reading.
Christian County Public Schools offer an ADHD Workshop tomorrow night at 6 at the Christian County Board of Education. The informational session is open to all parents, guardians, and educators who work with students who have been diagnosed with ADHD. Content is appropriate for all grade levels. For more information, call 887-7004.
The Harlem Ambassadors visit the Paducah Tilghman Gymnasium on Friday at 7PM. The group offers their unique brand of Harlem-style basketball, featuring slam dunks, tricks, and comedy routines. Proceeds benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities and the Paducah Day Nursery. Tickets are available at any Paducah Bank location.
See community event details at wkms.org.