Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri January 3, 2014
Datebook: January 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien's Birthday
Winter is the peak season for seeing bald eagles in Land Between the Lakes. LBL offers Eagle Viewing Van Tours next Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 1:30 to 5. The cost is $7 for adults or $5 for children. Dress for the weather and bring binoculars. Reservations are required by calling 270-924-2020.
The Kentucky Arts Council is accepting applications for the Al Smith Individual Artist Fellowship and the Emerging Artist Award. The current application cycle is open to writers of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, screenplays, and plays. Find guidelines online at artscouncil.ky.gov. The application deadline for both awards is February 15.
The National Quilt Museum in Paducah presents “Two Approaches: Now & The Future of Quilting,” on display through January 14. The exhibit explores the works of modern quilt maker Denyse Schmidt and innovative quilt artist Marianne Burr. See details at quiltmuseum.org.