Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri January 3, 2014
Datebook: January 3 - J.R.R. Tolkien's Birthday
Winter is the peak season for seeing bald eagles in Land Between the Lakes. LBL offers Eagle Viewing Van Tours next Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 1:30 to 5. The cost is $7 for adults or $5 for children. Dress for the weather and bring binoculars. Reservations are required by calling 270-924-2020.
The Kentucky Arts Council is accepting applications for the Al Smith Individual Artist Fellowship and the Emerging Artist Award. The current application cycle is open to writers of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, screenplays, and plays. Find guidelines online at artscouncil.ky.gov. The application deadline for both awards is February 15.
The National Quilt Museum in Paducah presents “Two Approaches: Now & The Future of Quilting,” on display through January 14. The exhibit explores the works of modern quilt maker Denyse Schmidt and innovative quilt artist Marianne Burr. See details at quiltmuseum.org.