Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed January 29, 2014
Datebook: January 29 - Anton Chekhov's Birthday
The Paducah Symphony Orchestra performs Rachmaninoff's 2nd Symphony, Creston's Dance Overture op. 62, and Smith's Rites of Tamburo this Saturday, February 1 at 7:30 p.m. at the Carson Center. For tickets, visit paducahsymphony.org.
Next Monday night at 8, February 3, Murray State’s CFSB Center hosts the 2014 Presidential Lecture featuring Bill Nye, the Science Guy of Comedy Central fame, and current host of “The 100 Greatest Discoveries” on the Science Channel, and “The Eyes of Nye” on PBS. Mr. Nye’s lecture is open to all with no admission fee.
Next Wednesday, Feb. 5, at 9 a.m. and 12 p.m., Challenger astronaut Story Musgrave presents a lecture and film at the Alhambra Theatre in Hopkinsville. He did the first shuttle spacewalk on Challenger's first mission, and was the lead spacewalker on the Hubble Telescope repair mission. Tickets are $5 each at the door.