Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed January 2, 2013
Datebook: January 2 - Isaac Asimov Turns 93
Isaac Asimov was a prolific American writer (born in Russian SFSR) and professor of biochemistry at Boston University. A master of science fiction, his most famous works are the Foundation, Galactic Empire, and Robot series. His short story, "Nightfall," was voted the best sci-fi story of all time. Read it here.
It’s Wednesday, January 2
The Humane Society of Calloway County seeks foster homes for pets. Foster homes provide love, attention and safety for a period of time until the animal’s perfect family comes along. The Humane Society pays for vet visits, medication, collars, leashes, ID tag, microchip and crates. To learn more about becoming a Humane Society foster home, call 270-759-1884.
Land Between the Lakes hosts Bald Eagle Viewing Excursions this Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 4:30. The van tours depart from the Golden Pond Visitor Center. Moderate walking is required; be sure to dress for the weather. Make a reservation by calling 270-924-2020.
The Paducah Symphony Children’s and Youth Choruses hold auditions tomorrow at First Presbyterian Church in Paducah. The ensembles are open to kids in grades three through twelve. Schedule an audition by calling 270-444-0065.
See community event details at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.