Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed January 16, 2013
Datebook: January 16 - Hello Dolly! Debuts on Broadway 49 Years Ago
One of the most enduring American musicals, Hello Dolly! debuted on Broadway on this day in 1964, with Carol Channing as Dolly. The production ran for 2,844 performances over nearly 7 years, and won ten Tonys, including Best Musical.
It’s Wednesday, January 16
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area offers a Winter Eagles & Wildlife Van Tour on Saturday, with tours departing from Badgett Theater in Grand Rivers at 8:30 and at 1:30. The cost is $25 per person for both sessions, or $15 for a single session. The morning tour visits winter birding hotspots of LBL, and the afternoon session is a Northern LBL eagle tour. Register by calling 924-2020.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College hosts a photography contest complementing the community read of “Half Broke Horses,” by Jeannette Walls. Photos should focus on horses or images including horses. Learn more at westkentucky.kctcs.edu.
The National Quilt Museum in Paducah presents “Quilts of the South Central US,” beginning tomorrow. The new juried exhibit features quilts from Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas. The museum is open Monday through Saturday from 10 to 5.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.