Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed January 16, 2013
Datebook: January 16 - Hello Dolly! Debuts on Broadway 49 Years Ago
One of the most enduring American musicals, Hello Dolly! debuted on Broadway on this day in 1964, with Carol Channing as Dolly. The production ran for 2,844 performances over nearly 7 years, and won ten Tonys, including Best Musical.
It’s Wednesday, January 16
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area offers a Winter Eagles & Wildlife Van Tour on Saturday, with tours departing from Badgett Theater in Grand Rivers at 8:30 and at 1:30. The cost is $25 per person for both sessions, or $15 for a single session. The morning tour visits winter birding hotspots of LBL, and the afternoon session is a Northern LBL eagle tour. Register by calling 924-2020.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College hosts a photography contest complementing the community read of “Half Broke Horses,” by Jeannette Walls. Photos should focus on horses or images including horses. Learn more at westkentucky.kctcs.edu.
The National Quilt Museum in Paducah presents “Quilts of the South Central US,” beginning tomorrow. The new juried exhibit features quilts from Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas. The museum is open Monday through Saturday from 10 to 5.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.