Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri February 8, 2013
Datebook: February 8 - First Eight Stars Placed on the Hollywood Walk of Fame 53 Years Ago
The legend is that Joanne Woodward was the first to have her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, though some say she was just first on the scene for photographs. The other seven were: Olive Borden, Ronald Colman, Louise Fazenda, Preston Foster, Burt Lancaster, Edward Sedgwick, and Ernest Torrence.
It’s Friday, February 8
Angels Attic Thrift Shop needs donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Proceeds support the Angels Community Clinic, which helps Calloway County residents without medical insurance. Bring items to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5, or call 762-0505 for pickup.
Boy Scout Troop 77 hosts a chili supper tomorrow night from 5 to 7 in the University Church of Christ cafeteria. The cost is $5 per person, and all proceeds go toward the troop’s activities and participation in district, regional, and national events. Tickets are available at the door.
Land Between the Lakes hosts a Bald Eagle Viewing Excursion on Sunday from 1:30 to 5. The van tour departs from the Golden Pond Visitor Center. Moderate walking is required; be sure to dress for the weather. Make a reservation by calling 924-2020.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.