Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri February 8, 2013
Datebook: February 8 - First Eight Stars Placed on the Hollywood Walk of Fame 53 Years Ago
The legend is that Joanne Woodward was the first to have her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, though some say she was just first on the scene for photographs. The other seven were: Olive Borden, Ronald Colman, Louise Fazenda, Preston Foster, Burt Lancaster, Edward Sedgwick, and Ernest Torrence.
It’s Friday, February 8
Angels Attic Thrift Shop needs donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Proceeds support the Angels Community Clinic, which helps Calloway County residents without medical insurance. Bring items to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5, or call 762-0505 for pickup.
Boy Scout Troop 77 hosts a chili supper tomorrow night from 5 to 7 in the University Church of Christ cafeteria. The cost is $5 per person, and all proceeds go toward the troop’s activities and participation in district, regional, and national events. Tickets are available at the door.
Land Between the Lakes hosts a Bald Eagle Viewing Excursion on Sunday from 1:30 to 5. The van tour departs from the Golden Pond Visitor Center. Moderate walking is required; be sure to dress for the weather. Make a reservation by calling 924-2020.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.