Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed February 6, 2013
Datebook: February 6 - Battle of Fort Henry 151 Years Ago
One of the first significant victories for the Union troops was fought in our own backyard on this day in 1862. It was also a major win for Brig. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant. The surrender of Fort Henry opened the Tennessee River to the Union and led to another Union win at the Battle of Fort Donelson.
It’s Wednesday, February 6
The Chocolate Affair is scheduled for Saturday at Fairholme, at 89 Main Street in Cadiz. The fundraising event features live music, chocolate fountains, and a variety of decadent treats. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door, with entry times at 5PM and 6PM. For more information, call 522-9056.
The Center for Health and Wellness offers an appointment-only free screening event tomorrow from 8 to 3. Screenings offered include blood pressure readings, osteoporosis heel scans, BMI calculation, and blood sugar checks. Schedule an appointment at 762-1348.
The Harlem Gospel Choir performs Saturday night at the Clemens Fine Arts Center on the campus of West Kentucky Community and Technical College. The concert starts at 7:30. Tickets are $25 for adults or $15 for students and children. To reserve a seat, call 534-3212.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.