Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 4, 2013
Datebook: February 4 - Facebook Turns 9
Facebook was launched on this day in 2004 by Mark Zuckerburg and his college roommates at Harvard. There are now over one billion users, with nearly 140 million unique monthly views in the US alone. Last year, Facebook had a revenue of $5.08 billion, which they liked.
It’s Monday, February 4
The WKCTC Challenger Learning Center hosts its annual Trivia Night Friday at 7PM at St. Thomas More Church in Paducah. Prizes are awarded to the top three teams. The cost is $90 for a table of 6. To register, call 534-3101.
The Ballard County Health Center offers a series of Diabetes Learning Sessions on the first three Wednesdays in February. The free classes meet from 9 to noon at Wickliffe City Hall. To register, call the Ballard County Health Center at 665-5432.
Pennsylvania-based artist Eli Blasko offers a photo transfer workshop Saturday from noon to 3 at the A.I.R. Studio in Paducah. The workshop teaches three simple photo transfer processes to create and enhance any art project. Bring digital or print copies of your own photos, or choose from a provided selection. The A.I.R. Studio is at 621 Madison Street in Paducah.
Check out our Valentine’s Day poetry contest at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.