Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon February 25, 2013
Datebook: February 25 - George Harrison Turns 70
George Harrison was born on this day in 1943, and died November 29, 2001. He was the lead guitarist for the Beatles, was influential in the Hare Krishna movement alongside Ravi Shankar, and formed the Traveling Wilburys. Rolling Stone named him the 11th Greatest Guitarist of All Time.
It’s Monday, February 25
The American Red Cross holds a blood drive tomorrow afternoon from 1 to 5 at North Calloway Elementary School. Donors must be in general good health, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be at least 17 years old or 16 with a completed Parental Consent Form. Learn more at redcrossblood.org.
The UT-Martin Relay for Life Team sponsors a dance tomorrow night from 7 to 9 at the UT-Martin Skyhawk Fieldhouse. The evening includes zumba at 7, tango and rumba at 7:30, salsa at 8, and line dancing at 8:30. Admission is a $5 donation. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.
Angels Community Clinic, with the help of Murray State University’s school of nursing, offers free blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, and blood sugar checks, as well as smoking cessation education. Screenings are available tomorrow and Thursday from 9 to noon. Find details at the Angels Community Clinic Facebook page or at volunteermurray.org.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.