Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed February 20, 2013
Datebook: February 20 - Lipinski Becomes Youngest Gold Medalist 15 Years Ago
On this day in 1998, 15-year-old Tara Lipinski narrowly beat Michelle Kwan in women's figure skating to become the youngest champion in an individual event in the history of Winter Olympics.
It’s Wednesday, February 20
The American Red Cross holds a blood drive tomorrow afternoon from 12:30 to 5:30 at First Presbyterian Church of Murray. Donors must be in good health, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be at least 17 years old, or 16 with a completed Parental Consent Form. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, visit redcrossblood.org.
The MSU Department of History holds an Educational Research Forum tomorrow afternoon at 4 in Faculty Hall room 506. History professor Charlotte Beahan gives a presentation titled “China’s One Child Policy.” The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 809-2234.
The Murray-Calloway County Special Olympics delegation holds signups for its 2013 track and field sports season tomorrow at 5:30 at Corvette Lanes in Murray. Children and adults with intellectual disabilities are encouraged to sign up as athletes. Practices begin Saturday, March 2.
See more community events at wkms.org.