Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed December 5, 2012
Datebook: December 5 - President Polk Confirms Gold in California
Rumors had already begun spreading for months: "gold has been found in considerable quantities." But it wasn't until this day in 1848, when President Polk confirmed the discovery to Congress, that immigrants rushed to California searching for the "mother lode."
It’s Wednesday, December 5
The Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass hold a Bluegrass Night on Friday at 7:30 at the Kentucky Opry in Draffenville. Bands include the Cope Brothers, Blue Reign, and The McKendrees. There’s an open jam in the lobby before the show.
The annual Paducah Parks Services Candy Cane Hunt is Saturday morning at Keiler Park. Over 750 candy canes are hidden throughout the park, and kids ages 12 and under race to find as many candy canes as they can. Registration starts at 9 and the hunt begins at 10.
The Livingston County Historical & Genealogical Society hosts their second annual Civil War Christmas Dinner on Friday. Take a tour of the 1845 Livingston County Courthouse and enjoy a barbecue dinner. Speakers include Justice Bill Cunningham, Judy Wasko, Todd Hatton, and Randy Beeler. Purchase $10 tickets by calling (270) 928-4656.
Tune in tonight at 7 to celebrate the season with Murray State University musicians. See details atwkms.org. Thanks for listening.