Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Thu December 5, 2013
Datebook: December 5 - Martin Van Buren's Birthday
The Bauernfeind Student Recreation and Wellness Center at Murray State University hosts a zumbathon Saturday from noon to 2. Licensed Zumba instructors lead the event. The cost is $5 per person, with proceeds benefiting American Red Cross typhoon relief efforts. The public is invited to attend.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College hosts an ACT prep seminar Saturday from 9 to 3 in the Emerging Technology Center. The seminar gives high school juniors and seniors tips and strategies to maximize scoring on each section of the test. Enroll at prepforthefuture.com.
The Kappa Department of the Murray Woman’s Club presents their annual Homes for the Holidays Annual Tour of Homes this Sunday afternoon from 1 to 4. Four local homes are decorated and open to ticket holders. Tickets are $10, with proceeds benefiting local charities. Purchase tickets from any Kappa member, the Murray Chamber of Commerce, or at the door.