Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu December 5, 2013
Datebook: December 5 - Martin Van Buren's Birthday
The Bauernfeind Student Recreation and Wellness Center at Murray State University hosts a zumbathon Saturday from noon to 2. Licensed Zumba instructors lead the event. The cost is $5 per person, with proceeds benefiting American Red Cross typhoon relief efforts. The public is invited to attend.
West Kentucky Community and Technical College hosts an ACT prep seminar Saturday from 9 to 3 in the Emerging Technology Center. The seminar gives high school juniors and seniors tips and strategies to maximize scoring on each section of the test. Enroll at prepforthefuture.com.
The Kappa Department of the Murray Woman’s Club presents their annual Homes for the Holidays Annual Tour of Homes this Sunday afternoon from 1 to 4. Four local homes are decorated and open to ticket holders. Tickets are $10, with proceeds benefiting local charities. Purchase tickets from any Kappa member, the Murray Chamber of Commerce, or at the door.