Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Tue December 4, 2012
Datebook: December 4 - Million Dollar Quartet Meets 56 Years Ago
It was 56 years ago, on this day in '56, a chance meeting of the Million Dollar Quartet: Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash. They recorded an impromptu jam session at Sun Records Studios in Memphis. In 2006, RCA released "The Complete Million Dollar Quartet," with 46 tracks covering most, if not all, of the session.
It’s Tuesday, December 4
The third annual Christian County Festival of Trees is on display at the Watts Senior Center in Hopkinsville starting Thursday and lasting through the 16th. Enjoy breakfast with Santa, story time with Mrs. Claus, a pageant, and other events. See details at kentuckyfestivaloftrees.com.
Application materials are now available for the Paducah Symphony Orchestra’s 2013 Young Artist Concerto Competition. High school pianists and orchestral instrumentalists compete for a $1,000 cash prize, a guest solo appearance with the Paducah Symphony, and a music scholarship to Murray State University. Details and applications at paducahsymphony.org.
The thirty-third annual Christmas Madrigal Feaste is Thursday and Friday at 6:30 at Grace Episcopal Church, located at Sixth and Liberty streets in Hopkinsville. Tickets are $25 per person. For reservations and more information, call (270) 885-5072.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.