Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue December 11, 2012
Datebook: December 11 - Last Moon Landing 40 Years Ago
It's been 40 years since we put someone on the moon. Apollo 17, the final Apollo mission, reached the moon on this day in 1972. For three days, astronauts collected lunar samples, drove around, investigated volcanic activity... and did a thousand one-arm push-ups without breaking a sweat.
It’s Tuesday, December 11
Twilight Theatre Productions offers a holiday dinner experience at Kenlake State Resort Park this Friday and Saturday. Dinner starts at 6 o’clock. Make reservations by calling (270) 436-2399.
The special needs class at Graves County High School is selling chances to win the prize-filled World’s Largest Christmas Stocking. Proceeds help fund a field trip at the end of the school year. Chances are $5 each and can be purchased at the Mayfield Chapter of Woodmen of the World or at Graves County High School.
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area is looking for birders to participate in the 2013 Audubon Society Bird Count, to be held this Saturday beginning at 6AM. Beginners are welcome. The cost is $5 per person. Meet at the Nature Station and bring binoculars, field guides, and lunch. Register by calling (270) 924-2299.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.