Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu August 7, 2014
Datebook: August 7 - Garrison Keillor's Birthday
The Lily Pad at Easter Seals West Kentucky, a medically-based childcare facility, is currently accepting referrals. The program is Medicaid-based but also accepts private insurance. It gives caregivers of medically fragile children the ability to work or attend school during the hours the children are enrolled. For more information, call (270) 444-9687.
The Western Kentucky State Park Race Series kicks off with the Hot August 5K this Saturday morning at 7:30 at Kenlake State Resort Park near Aurora. The series includes a race each month for five months in Western Kentucky State Parks. Details at parks.ky.gov.
Craft and visual artists are invited to apply for the Kentucky Arts Council’s Kentucky Crafted Program. The adjudicated state-supported program helps professional artists through marketing and promotional opportunities and arts business training. For more information, call (502) 564-3757, ext. 473.