Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue August 27, 2013
Datebook: August 27 - Lyndon B. Johnson Turns 105
The 36th President, LBJ designed the "Great Society," which included laws for civil rights, public broadcasting, Medicare, Medicaid, environmental protection, education aid, and "War on Poverty." He also escalated US involvement in the Vietnam War, which led to the antiwar movement of the late 60s.
It’s Tuesday, August 27
Maiden Alley Cinema in Paducah presents premiere screenings from the 48-Hour Film Project Wednesday night at 7. All of the films submitted for the project are included in the presentation. A "best-of" screening is Thursday night at 7, with awards presented at the end. Tickets are $8 for Wednesday or $10 for Thursday. For more information, visit maidenalleycinema.com.
The Caldwell County Caregiver Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting Thursday morning at 11:30 at the Caldwell County Senior Center. For more information contact James Patterson at (270) 886-9484.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic, which provides healthcare to the working uninsured in Calloway County. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.