Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed August 22, 2012
Datebook: August 22 - Teddy Roosevelt Rides in a Car 110 Years Ago
On this day 110 years ago, Teddy Roosevelt became the first US President to ride in an automobile. It was a Columbia Electric Victoria Phaeton, a choice ride. Coincidentally, the Cadillac Motor Company was founded on the same day. If only they had opened a day earlier...
It’s Wednesday, August 22
Jack Johnston tells the story of the McCracken County Disaster Emergency Service Rescue Squad tomorrow evening at 7 at the McCracken County Public Library. Learn about the changing face of the volunteer organization and its purpose. See details at mclib.net.
The Compassionate Friends Support Group meets tomorrow evening at 7 in the Murray Calloway County Hospital Private Dining Room. For more information, contact Kerry Lambert, MCCH Chaplain, at (270) 762-1274.
The Humane Society of Calloway County is currently accepting submissions for the 2013 Pet Calendar. Twelve photos are selected for special “Pet of the Month” placement, but every photo submitted appears on a date square. The cost is a $25 donation for the first photo and $10 for each additional photo. The deadline is August 31. Call 759-1884 or drop by the Humane Society office for more information.
See community event details at wkms.org.