Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed August 21, 2013
Datebook: August 21 - Kenny Rogers Turns 75
Happy birthday Kenny Rogers. The country singer-songwriter is one of the highest-selling artists of all time, with more than 120 singles, and 130 million records sold worldwide. His longest-lasting chart toppers include "The Gambler," "Coward of the County," "Lady," and "Islands in the Stream."
It’s Wednesday, August 21
Master Hairstylist is at the Hair Studio at 901 Sycamore Street this Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. He offers 15-minute appointments for a minimum donation of $20, with all proceeds benefiting the Humane Society of Calloway County. To make an appointment, email ForThePets@yahoo.com with a time that works best, a second time in case the first choice is not available, and a phone number.
The Hot August Blues Festival is Friday and Saturday at Kenlake State Resort Park amphitheater. The show opens Friday with Street Corner Blue at 6PM, and Saturday’s program starts at 2PM with Nightfish. More information is at hotaugustbluesfestival.com.
A benefit event for the Alzheimer’s Association is Friday at the Walker Building in Downtown Paducah. The semi-formal night of dinner and dancing begins at 6. Music is by Legends and the Douglas P. Orchestra. Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased by calling 554-6911.