Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu August 15, 2013
Datebook: August 15 - Tivoli Gardens Opens 170 Years Ago
Tivoli is the second oldest amusement park in the world, and one of the most popular, with over 4 million visitors in 2012. The park's founder convinced the King that "when the people are amusing themselves, they do not think about politics." Walt Disney strived to emulate the "happy and unbuttoned air of relaxed fun."
It’s Thursday, August 15
A free nutrition education event titled "Sport Drink 101" is set for tomorrow afternoon from 2:45 to 3:15 at the Center for Health and Wellness. Learn about the pros and cons of various types of sports drinks. For more information, call (270) 762-1348.
The McCracken County Public Library presents “Kentucky’s Trail of Tears” tonight at 7 in the second floor meeting room as part of its Evenings Upstairs series. The president of the Kentucky Trail of Tears Association leads the discussion, which is free and open to the public. Find details at mclib.net.
The Graves County Truck Pullers Association hosts its sixth annual truck and tractor pull at the Graves County Fairgrounds Saturday night at 7. All proceeds benefit the Christmas assistance programs of the Mayfield and Graves County public schools. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for ages 5-12, and free for kids 4 and under.