Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu August 14, 2014
Datebook: August 14
The Murray Art Guild has scheduled Empty Bowls work days on August 19th and September 18th from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Individuals or small groups can sign up to help make clay bowls for the October 17th Empty Bowls dinner. No previous clay experience is required. FOr more information, contact the guild at 270-753-4059.
There's a free educational program titled "Plan to Be Tobacco Free" Monday evening at 5:30 at the Murray Calloway County Hospital's Center for Health and Wellness Classroom. The program includes tips on correct use of cessation medications, discussion on how to tailor your quit plan, and more. Pre-registration is required at (270) 442-1310.
Angels Attic Thrift Shop seeks donations of clothing, furniture, appliances, household items, and toys. Sale proceeds benefit the Angels Community Clinic. Bring donations to 972 Chestnut Street Monday through Saturday from 8 to 5.