Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon August 13, 2012
Datebook: August 13 - King Louis XVI Declared an Enemy of the People 220 Years Ago
Louis the 16th had the misfortune of being king around the time the French had enough of absolute monarchy. His assistance in the American Revolution and a series of domestic reforms led France into a financial crisis which erupted into the French Revolution. As a result, Louis was arrested and executed by guillotine - the only French king ever to be executed.
It’s Monday, August 13
The Humane Society of Calloway County is currently accepting submissions for the 2013 Pet Calendar. Twelve photos are selected for special “Pet of the Month” placement, but every photo submitted appears on a date square. The cost is a $25 donation for the first photo and $10 for each additional photo. The deadline is August 31. Call 759-1884 or drop by the Humane Society office for more information.
The Alzheimer’s Support Group holds a regular monthly meeting tomorrow morning at 10 at the Pennyrile Area Development District Office in Hopkinsville. For more information, call James Patterson at 886-9484.
Paducah’s Noble Park Pool offers a Dog Swim Thursday evening from 6:30 to 8:30. Owners must bring copies of certification showing each dog is up-to-date on vaccinations. Handlers must be at least 16 years old and must remain on deck for the duration of the swim. The cost is $10 per dog.
See more community events at wkms.org.