Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon April 7, 2014
Datebook: April 7 - Billie Holliday's Birthday
Kentucky Gives Day, an online fundraising event that encourages Kentuckians to donate to their favorite charities, is set for Wednesday. To connect with causes and to make tax-deductible donations in support of the work of Kentucky charities, visit kygives.org.
The Museums of Historic Hopkinsville-Christian County announces its 25th annual Quilt Show running tomorrow through April 26. The exhibit showcases both old and new masterpieces from area quilters. The museum is open Tuesday through Friday from 9 to 5 and Saturday from 10 to 3. Admission is $2.
The Pennyroyal Arts Council and the Rotary Club of Hopkinsville offer a "Race to Educate" 5K Fun Run on Saturday beginning at Founders Square in downtown Hopkinsville. There are prizes for the top finishers. Race T-shirts are $20. For more information, call the Pennyroyal Arts Council at (270) 887-4295 or the Rotary office at (270) 886-3034.