Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed April 3, 2013
Datebook: April 3 - MLK "I've Been to the Mountaintop" 45 Years Ago
Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. gave what would be his final public speech at the Mason Temple in Memphis, Tennessee. In it, King challenged the United States with calls for unity, economic actions, boycotts, and nonviolent protest. The next day, he was assassinated.
It’s Wednesday, April 3 The William Clark Market House Museum celebrates Paducah’s history with its Gala Grand Opening on Saturday. During the open house, visitors enjoy free admission and door prizes from noon to 4. The museum is located on South Second Street of Market House Square in historic downtown Paducah.
Olympic sports psychologist Sean McCann gives a presentation at Wrather Auditorium tonight at 7 as part of the Dr. and Mrs. Gary and Sharon Brummer Colloquium Series in Psychology. The talk is titled “Performing Under Pressure: Learning how to execute when it matters most.” The event is free and open to the public. The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes offers kids the chance to learn basic survival skills tomorrow afternoon at 2:15. Learn how to tie simple knots, identify poison ivy, and more during the interactive program. Find details at lbl.org. Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.