Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed April 3, 2013
Datebook: April 3 - MLK "I've Been to the Mountaintop" 45 Years Ago
Forty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. gave what would be his final public speech at the Mason Temple in Memphis, Tennessee. In it, King challenged the United States with calls for unity, economic actions, boycotts, and nonviolent protest. The next day, he was assassinated.
It’s Wednesday, April 3 The William Clark Market House Museum celebrates Paducah’s history with its Gala Grand Opening on Saturday. During the open house, visitors enjoy free admission and door prizes from noon to 4. The museum is located on South Second Street of Market House Square in historic downtown Paducah.
Olympic sports psychologist Sean McCann gives a presentation at Wrather Auditorium tonight at 7 as part of the Dr. and Mrs. Gary and Sharon Brummer Colloquium Series in Psychology. The talk is titled “Performing Under Pressure: Learning how to execute when it matters most.” The event is free and open to the public. The Nature Station at Land Between the Lakes offers kids the chance to learn basic survival skills tomorrow afternoon at 2:15. Learn how to tie simple knots, identify poison ivy, and more during the interactive program. Find details at lbl.org. Add your community events to the calendar at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.