Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon April 29, 2013
Datebook: April 29 - Hair Opens on Broadway 45 Years Ago
The controversial "American tribal love-rock musical" Hair opened at the Biltmore Theater on Broadway on this day in 1968. A product of hippie counter-culture and sexual revolution, many of its songs became anthems of the anti-Vietnam War peace movement. "This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius!"
It's Monday, April 29
Murray-Calloway County Hospital's Wellness Works program offers a free community health screening tomorrow morning from 9 to 11 at the Trigg County Senior Citizens Center in Cadiz. The event includes blood sugar and blood pressure screenings. For more information on the Wellness Works schedule or about the screenings offered, call 762-1348.
The Humane Society of Calloway County Pet Food Bank seeks donations to assist residents of Calloway County by providing food for their pets in time of great need. The current greatest need is puppy and kitten food. Bring donations to the Humane Society office at 607 Poplar Street Monday through Thursday from 10 to 3. Find details at forthepets.org.
The Yeiser Art Center has issued a call for entries for "Paducah Photo 2013," a competitive exhibition featuring international and regional showcases. The entry deadline is Wednesday. For more information, visit www.theyeiser.org or call 442-2453.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.