Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri April 19, 2013
Datebook: April 19 - First Boston Marathon 116 Years Ago
Inspired by the first modern Olympic Games in 1896, the Boston Athletic Association first held the Boston Marathon on this day in 1897. The first race was 24.5 miles long and had 15 runners (10 finished). Now with over 20,000 participants and 500,000 spectators, it's considered America's oldest and most revered marathon, and will certainly persevere.
It’s Friday, April 19
The Murray State University Horticulture Annual Plant Sale is tomorrow morning from 8 to noon at the Pullen Farm Greenhouse Complex. The sale includes hanging baskets, flowers, tomato plants, herbs, vegetables, and trees. The greenhouse is located on Hickory Street, off 94W.
The Bethel University Renaissance Choir gives a concert tomorrow night at 7 at the Krider Performing Arts Center in Paris. Tickets are $10 for adults or $5 for students and are available at the door. Proceeds benefit the Youth for the Arts Enrichment Fund. For more information, call (731) 642-3955.
Woodmen of the World hosts an Earth Day Celebration and tree giveaway at their Paducah office on Monday from noon to 6. Pick up a tree bundle and speak with a Purchase Area Master Gardener or Civic Beautification Board volunteer to get tips on planting and caring for the trees.