Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon April 15, 2013
Datebook: April 15 - Henry James Turns 170
Henry James was one of the key figures of 19th century literary realism, known for his imaginative point of view, interior monologue, and unreliable narrators. Some of his best-known works include The Portrait of a Lady, The Golden Bowl, What Maisie Knew, "The Turn of the Screw," and Washington Square.
It’s Monday, April 15
The Euclid Quartet performs tonight at 7:30 at the Glema Mahr Center for the Arts, located on the campus of Madisonville Community College. The string quartet has won numerous international competitions, including the Osaka International Chamber Music Competition in Japan. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 821-ARTS.
There’s a seminar on changing nutrition behaviors tomorrow morning at 10 in the Center for Health & Wellness classroom. The program is led by Amy Vaughn and is part of the Murray-Calloway County Hospital Wellness Works program. For more information, call 762-1832.
Friendship Baptist Church of Paducah hosts a kickoff event for "Letters From Dad," a ministry helping fathers write letters to their children saying the things they've always wanted to say. The kickoff event is tomorrow evening from 6 to 8. Admission is free and the public is invited. Reserve a spot at 534-1900.
See more community events at wkms.org. Thanks for listening.