Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed April 10, 2013
Datebook: April 10 - House of Wax Sparks 3D Film Boom 60 Years Ago
House of Wax, starring Vincent Price, might not be honored with awards from the Academy, but it was a box office hit and one of the first major Stereoscopic 3D films from an American studio. Moviegoers flocked to see paddleball man, can-can girls, and assorted body parts flying off the screen.
It’s Wednesday, April 10
There’s a yard sale and bake sale tomorrow through Saturday at Post 236 of the American Legion. Proceeds benefit the Women’s Auxiliary unit’s local scholarship program. Post 236 is located on Little John Lane, off KY-95 between Calvert City and North Marshall Middle School.
Applications are now available for the 2013-2014 Leadership Paducah class. Participants learn about the community’s government, industry, tourism, health, and education sectors in monthly day-long sessions. For an application form, visit leadershippaducah.org or call (270) 443-1746.
The Annual Trigg County Middle School & High School Show opens with a reception Friday night from 5 to 7 at the Janice Mason Art Museum. All family and friends of Trigg County students are invited to attend in support of young local artists. The exhibit runs through May 4. The museum is open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 to 4.