Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu July 23, 2009
Date Set for Alcohol Vote
By Angela Hatton
Cadiz, KY – A date has been set for a special alcohol vote in Trigg County. Judge Executive Stan Humphries signed an executive order this morning, setting the vote for September 29. A petition by alcohol-sale advocacy group Grow Trigg passed the 25-percent of registered voters limit with 1,679 signatures. By law the vote must be held within 60 to 90 days of when the petition was turned in. Humphries says the ballot process could cost the county around twenty-thousand dollars. Unregistered county residents have until August 31 to sign up for the referendum.