Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue February 9, 2010
Dangerous temperatures this week
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Public Information Officer Keith Todd says road crews have been clearing roads across the region. While snow accumulation is waning for most of the region frigid temperatures will pose another threat tonight. Though the roads are clear, Todd says driving winds and temperatures nearing zero could create a different environment for drivers.
"A flat tire, or running out of gas, that might otherwise be an inconvenience can really become a life threatening situation when you get temperatures down that low."
Kentucky State Police Post 1 reports 34 wrecks with no serious injuries. Post 2 aided 17 stranded motorists and responded to 15 accidents. Officials say those numbers are likely to increase through the afternoon and evening.