Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue February 9, 2010
Dangerous temperatures this week
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Public Information Officer Keith Todd says road crews have been clearing roads across the region. While snow accumulation is waning for most of the region frigid temperatures will pose another threat tonight. Though the roads are clear, Todd says driving winds and temperatures nearing zero could create a different environment for drivers.
"A flat tire, or running out of gas, that might otherwise be an inconvenience can really become a life threatening situation when you get temperatures down that low."
Kentucky State Police Post 1 reports 34 wrecks with no serious injuries. Post 2 aided 17 stranded motorists and responded to 15 accidents. Officials say those numbers are likely to increase through the afternoon and evening.