Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue February 9, 2010
Dangerous temperatures this week
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Murray, KY – Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Public Information Officer Keith Todd says road crews have been clearing roads across the region. While snow accumulation is waning for most of the region frigid temperatures will pose another threat tonight. Though the roads are clear, Todd says driving winds and temperatures nearing zero could create a different environment for drivers.
"A flat tire, or running out of gas, that might otherwise be an inconvenience can really become a life threatening situation when you get temperatures down that low."
Kentucky State Police Post 1 reports 34 wrecks with no serious injuries. Post 2 aided 17 stranded motorists and responded to 15 accidents. Officials say those numbers are likely to increase through the afternoon and evening.