Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed May 29, 2013
Curris Announces MSU Presidential Search Committee
Murray State University Board of Regents Chairman Dr. Constantine Curris has announced the nine members to serve on a search committee for MSU’s next president. The board voted 7 to 4, twice, against extending current president Randy Dunn’s contract. The first vote in March followed a social gathering that was later deemed an illegal meeting by Kentucky’s Attorney General. The second vote came on May 10th, as described by Curris, to reinforce the board’s role to act in an open and transparent manner.
In a campus-wide email today Curris said the Board’s Finance Committee Chairman Steve Williams will serve as search committee chair. The other eight members will be: Faculty Senate President and English professor Dr. Kevin Binfield, accounting professor and department chair Don Chamberlain, associate director for enrollment management Roslyn White, alumna Martha Lewis and Regents Susan Guess, Jeremiah Johnson, Jerry Sue Thornton and Harry Lee Waterfield.
In the email, Curris said an organizational meeting of the committee is tentatively scheduled at the conclusion of the board’s special-called budget meeting next Friday, June 7.