Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon March 18, 2013
CSX Train Derails In Western Kentucky, No Injuries
Emergency officials say a CSX train derailed in Hopkins County Saturday afternoon blocking a road, but nothing was spilled and no one was injured. When responders arrived at the scene near Morton’s Gap, they found 14 cars overturned, including one tanker.
Emergency Management Director Frank Wright tells The Madisonville Messenger the derailment occurred along a stretch of Kentucky 41 and says the train cars and tanker were empty. However, Wright says the cars are blocking a small road that accesses about five homes. Officials are working with CSX to clear the derailment.