Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Mon March 18, 2013
CSX Train Derails In Western Kentucky, No Injuries
Emergency officials say a CSX train derailed in Hopkins County Saturday afternoon blocking a road, but nothing was spilled and no one was injured. When responders arrived at the scene near Morton’s Gap, they found 14 cars overturned, including one tanker.
Emergency Management Director Frank Wright tells The Madisonville Messenger the derailment occurred along a stretch of Kentucky 41 and says the train cars and tanker were empty. However, Wright says the cars are blocking a small road that accesses about five homes. Officials are working with CSX to clear the derailment.