Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon March 18, 2013
CSX Train Derails In Western Kentucky, No Injuries
Emergency officials say a CSX train derailed in Hopkins County Saturday afternoon blocking a road, but nothing was spilled and no one was injured. When responders arrived at the scene near Morton’s Gap, they found 14 cars overturned, including one tanker.
Emergency Management Director Frank Wright tells The Madisonville Messenger the derailment occurred along a stretch of Kentucky 41 and says the train cars and tanker were empty. However, Wright says the cars are blocking a small road that accesses about five homes. Officials are working with CSX to clear the derailment.