Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon March 18, 2013
CSX Train Derails In Western Kentucky, No Injuries
Emergency officials say a CSX train derailed in Hopkins County Saturday afternoon blocking a road, but nothing was spilled and no one was injured. When responders arrived at the scene near Morton’s Gap, they found 14 cars overturned, including one tanker.
Emergency Management Director Frank Wright tells The Madisonville Messenger the derailment occurred along a stretch of Kentucky 41 and says the train cars and tanker were empty. However, Wright says the cars are blocking a small road that accesses about five homes. Officials are working with CSX to clear the derailment.